It is the season of gratitude and giving. What a beautiful time to think about how gratitude and abundance are entwined with how money shows up in your life.
I know that being grateful and coming from a place of abundance and opportunity, instead of scarcity and stress, positively affects the flow of money into your life. I know it works because I practice it in my life and I am financially free and live the life I choose. It’s not all about the money- it’s more about the attitude and the gratitude. The money follows.
So today, I want to write about 10 ways I focus on gratitude and abundance and how that relates to opening up the flow of money into my life. I know it works and it makes you feel good too! So, let’s focus on gratitude and see where it takes us!
10 Ways To Open The Flow of Abundance and Money Into Your Life
- Every day I spend some time outside observing the natural world. Nature is creation and abundance in action. When you witness the renewal and growth of nature and how all is connected, it is peaceful and inspiring. When you have peace, inspiration, and joy in your life on a daily basis, this is fertile ground for also being creative with how you can bring the flow of money into your life. The caterpillar photos above were all taken in my pollinator garden this morning! What a way to start my day!
- Start your day with gratitude. One of the first things I say in the morning is thank you.
- Speak positively to yourself about money daily. Reframe any negative things you say to yourself about money. The thought always proceeds the action. Words matter. One of my money mantras: I believe in myself, my creativity, and my ability to make a positive difference and create wealth in my life.
- Do something nice for someone each day. Kindness opens up the flow of abundance.
- Give regularly to a cause, or causes, that speak to you. The dollar amount doesn’t matter- just give. Giving opens up the flow of money in ways you may not even have imagined yet.
- Do something healthy for your body, mind, and spirit each day. Take that walk, read that book, meditate- do what works for you but take care of yourself.
- Learn something new about money. I work in the world of money and have been practicing money skills most of my life but I continue to learn. Knowledge is empowering. Learning is a lifelong quest for me.
- Get out of your comfort zone. Doing something new, or that is a little out of your comfort zone, opens up your mind to your ability to break through barriers- including barriers around your thoughts about money.
- Rest and get a good night’s sleep. I sometimes struggle in this area and am working on it. When I get a good night’s sleep it makes a world of difference. I am also all for a cat nap when you can fit it in!
- Believe in yourself. We all are unique and have so much to give to the world. When we think of our life as a gift, life takes on a new meaning. I want to soak in my life. My state of mind and heart affects everything and everyone in my life. The beautiful part is your belief in yourself and your state of mind is all in your control. That is empowering!
I wish everyone a beautiful upcoming Thanksgiving week. In this time of thanksgiving may we all have gratitude and abundance. May money flow to you and through you and may you always have enough.
Susan Howell, The MoneyMaestra.